CoreX Automatic Golf Ball X-ray Inspection Machine
Automatic Golf Ball X-ray Inspection Machine
Strategic Automation is pleased to introduce a fully-automatic golf ball X-ray inspection machine capable of measuring concentricity of golf ball core layers at high rates of speed. This machine will take high-resolution images in multiple cross-sections of a multilayer golf ball and with the use of vision software, discern Go from No-Go and drop into one of two specific chutes for golf ball mass production.
PC Based machine vision software for three modes:
- Ports to allow product to flow into and out of machine without allowing X-rays to escape.
- Automation to present, load, rotate and remove the balls from the machine.
- Offload section to send the good and reject balls into two separate containers (by customer).
- Includes necessary guarding and interlocks as well as ‘X-Ray ON’ warning beacon.
- Allen-Bradley PLC and industrially hardened PC for high reliability.
- Operator can manually control ball rotation speed and direction while viewing ball in real-time.
- Golf ball manipulator can be easily removed for maintenance.
- 15 inch color touch-screen operator interface.
- Ergonometric display monitor arm with keyboard holder tray.
- Storage of measurement results in a database for further analysis.
- Automatic recording of images of rejects for later analysis of machine performance.
- Network connectivity for remote data gathering or troubleshooting.